Halloween was fun for us this year. We started off the weekend by carving our pumpkin on Friday night. Before we headed out on Sunday, I made the older kids pose for me (such a mean mommy I am!).
After the picture torture, we went to sorority row for an hours worth of trick or treating at the sorority houses. If you've never had the pleasure of frequenting the sorority houses in our city on Halloween, I highly recommend it.
Some of the houses really go all out, with various games, face painting and everything! Tatum, of course, wanted to have a crown painted on her face. The girls happily obliged her!
So much fun! Jacey started off the night snoozing. And I was ok with that! It gave us an opportunity to let the older two really enjoy themselves at a few of the houses first.
I did have the kids pose together in a pitiful attempt to have a group shot. Jacey wasn't really feeling the sibling cuddles at that moment, hence her 'stiff as a board' physique. And I have no idea where Tatum is looking...perhaps at someone with candy?
At any rate, the kids played games at this particular house, and Kellen continued to crack everyone up with his "best Iron Man costume ever" outfit. I'm not making that up...that was a quote from one of the guys at one of the houses.
Robert Downey, eat your heart out. My kiddo is awesome.
Best. Iron Man. Ever.
We then left (without finishing all of the possible houses, by the way) and went to our church for our Fall Festival. Lots of games, animal petting, food, and candy (cotton candy at that!) were had by our crew.
We played putt putt.
We threw rings on 2 liter bottles and some kids got closer to the bottles than others. I'm not naming names though......
We fished and had pitching practice (I'm not sure if I need to say 'pretended to be in the bullpen' on that one or not?).
I managed to wrangle the entire family to the photo op area.
Then we met up with the Stohlers, ate, and then played some more!
I hope your Halloween was just as fun as ours! (Try not to steal too much of the kids candy!)






















No comments:
Post a Comment