Friday, November 12, 2010

Thankful

12th - I'm thankful for hot chocolate on a cool day. Shallow perhaps, but it's nice to take time to be thankful for the little things, right?

11th - Today I'm thankful for veterans. Those folks who give of themselves so that I, and others around me, can do whatever it is that we do. A I would like to give a special thank you to my countless uncles and counsins who have served and are serving, and a specific thank you to my daddy (Air Force) and my hubby (Marine).

10th - I'm thankful today that Kellen is meeting with our paster to discuss getting baptized. He's not a perfect kid, but I'm not a perfect mom and we certainly don't live in a perfect world. It's a good thing we both realize that the one good and perfect person in the world died for us!

9th - I'm thankful that, right now, my kids get along wonderfully. I am under no illusion that this will always be the case, but I'm sure enjoying it now! (Note: this is not to say that they don't fuss with each other, but they genuinely like each other, and I can't ask for more!)

8th - I'm thankful that on a cool day, with iced and foggy windshields, that I have a vehicle. One that fits all my kids, their car seats/booster seats and their gear. One that fits a few more people, even with my family loaded. One that starts regularly. One that has working brakes (odd thankful, you might think...except in high school my boat didn't always have reliable brakes and I'm always thankful when brakes work consistently). One that is, in general, in good working order. One that gets me from point A to point Z (not B, because I have 3 kids and there is no such thing as a simple trip any more).

Week One

No comments:

Post a Comment