Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful

Today I'm playing catch-up...

18th - I'm once again thankful that I am an Aggie. Today marks the 11th anniversary of the Bonfire collapse where 12 Aggies lost their lives. I can't believe it's been 11 years, because I can remember so much about that day like it was only yesterday. Running downstairs in our fourplex to wake up Jules to tell her, phone calls, trips to the hospital, floods of emails from students....the memories. I'm saddened by how much it seems that campus has changed since then...there's a part of the Aggie culture that's gone forever now. But I'm thankful to be part of a university where, regardless of what side of the Bonfire issue you land, there's no question about the support we have for each other....in good times and in bad. Always remember.

17th - Today I'm thankful for a daughter who is growing and thriving!  Jacey had her 4-month check up today (there will be a separate post solely for this check-up) and she's doing wonderfully!

16th - Today I'm thankful that there are individuals out there doing exactly what God wants of them. For example, Kellen had the meet the coach night tonight and I was reminded of the incredible time commitment some folks invest to work with my kids. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

15th - Today I'm thankful for a job where people care enough about me and my health to buy light covers for the lights in my office that are supposed to reduce migraines. They were installed today and my office is lit, but much dimmer than it has been for the last 6+ years.

Read the first two weeks here

No comments:

Post a Comment