Sunday, January 01, 2006

Blessings

As I was putting Kellen to bed, he started to say his "Bless," which is what he calls his prayers. I don't know if it was just him being cute, just himself, or not wanting me to leave the room, because he got me after he went through his normal, "Bless Daddy, bless book," etc., He added a new one tonight with asking for a sister, he actually asked for a little sister, then changed his mind and asked for a big sister. That's going to be fun to try and explain...hmmm. (Just to clarify and for those of you who might be wondering based on Kellen's prayer, no, we aren't expecting a new addition to the Hapes family). After his prayer, he thought for a while and then said, "Ok, that's all. Love Jesus. Amen." However, as I was walking out of the room, he stopped me, "Wait Mommy! I forgot bless."

"Who did you forget to bless sweetie?"

He looked me square in the eye and replied, "Bless Mommy. Happy New Year. I love you. Night-night Mommy."

Man oh man...This kiddo can just make me fall to pieces! How did I get so lucky to be blessed with such a wonderful little guy?

I'm about to start a project that will require me to remember details - facts and events in great detail actually - about the period of time when he was first born. I remember being out of my mind in love with him, but I honestly don't know what has been my "favorite" time period since he's been born. Each time period has had their own special points, wonderful and some not-so-wonderful, I'll admit, moments that I cherish. I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by...and now we're embarking on yet another year.

Let the fun continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment