This week has just taken it out of me...Monday was crazy...broken shower that began at 6:00 AM that resulted in an unplanned day off for me and an entire day of plumbing pain for Matt and I. Luckily, Matt was off on Monday and was able to fix the problem, but his extensive to-do list originally scheduled for Monday was shelved, much to his dismay. Tuesday I brought quite a bit of work home with me in an attempt to get caught up, told myself I was going to take a power nap after I put Kellen to bed, and knocked out in the recliner at 8:00...for the night...woke up at 3:30 and was just up - for good. Wednesday the candle burned from both ends, running from 3:30 AM until 11 PM. I worked from when I woke up on the things that I had brought home to do the night before, then had a normal morning, worked through lunch and then until 6, got Kellen & picked up dinner, met Matt at my office, had dinner with them there at the office, then Matt took Kellen back to the house and I stayed at the office...until later than I have ever done before (at least that I can remember). I was part of a panel presentation today and with Monday mayhem, just hadn't had a chance to catch up and prepare for it - at all, and winging it for a presentation, even a panel, just adds stress to my stress meter. Whew!
I'm trying desperately to get to some semblance of "caught-up" status before the semester starts next Tuesday...will I make it? Who knows! I estimate the answer to be an emphatic NO!
No comments:
Post a Comment