Well, today is my day...Matt had written me a "My-day" note that was supposed to be for Janaury 1st, but he had gotten off shift on New Year's Eve and they had run quite a bit, so he asked if I would want a rain check so that I could get a full day's worth of the my-day coupon. You betcha! We'll hopefully get quite a bit done today and then get the added bonus of just getting to spend some time together...both quantity and quality time. Yeah! If the day is nice, I would love to take Kellen to the park to have a picnic and fly his kite, too...he just loves doing that - especially since it's a Shrek kite with a huge Donkey picture on it.
Now if I can just get over this head cold I could really fully enjoy the benefits of "My-day." The last two days at work have just been miserable with this thing! But it's going around, so I guess I'll take my small part of the misery along with everyone else. I just wish that I could take some medicine to make me feel better, but no such luck. I think I'm on the downward side of it now...at least it feels like it this morning, except that now I feel like it's settling in my chest and throat more and I'm getting a slight touch of a cough, which I hadn't had much of before. Oh I've just got to get over this before schools starts back up! Way too much to do at work to afford getting sick! These two weeks were supposed to be for me to get caught up...I can't handle getting back into the grind if I'm heading into another semester already behind. Arg and Yikes!! I remember now why I was working from home every night in an attempt to stay in some semblence of "caught-up" status. I haven't been doing that...I actually haven't done much of that in a while...but I'm feeling the pinch to perhaps start back up to avoid what I imagine to be the landslide...
OK...enough yipping about me...What happened to Alias this week? I went to watch it back on Thursday night...and there was a new season of Dancing with the Stars on instead. What gives? Where did my show go? It wasn't on after Lost...because Lost wasn't on this week - it was the Rose Bowl. Where all of the shows just messed up this week because of Bowl Games? Hmmm. So instead of watching my show, Kellen insisted that we watch the dancing...he enjoyed it immensely, actually. He loves watching dancing, including the dancers at the Aggie basketball games, of course. But, much to my surprise, he really enjoyed this show! I had gotten him all ready for bed and was just going to check that Alias was coming on, then put him to bed, but when I noticed that there was no Alias and dancers in its place, I decided to let him watch some of the dancers and continue to play with his toys. He was so cute...dancing to the music along with the TV. What a hoot!
Hooray for the weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment