I am just drained right now...on so many levels. I work nonstop during the day, but can't seem to stop the never-ending supply of to-do's and deadlines (and yes, I do prioritize, practice the 80/20 rule, work the HECK out of my student worker, etc.). My boss even told me that I was going to have to start saying, "NO!" - and not just to Kellen and Matt - but to requests University-wide, and start being more selective about my outside projects and committees...I guess you know it's pretty bad when your boss is telling you that you're going to have to start saying no to things, huh? He's given the administrative staff the charge of coming up with staffing solutions, but with virtually no extra budget, it's fairly difficult to find a way to hire additional help...I told him that I would just continue to stretch myself and get it all done...His reply, an emphatic, "No way."
We're trying out a new church right now, I wonder how many times in a row you should try a church before you try the next one? What's the rule of thumb on that? Hmmm? I think that Kellen enjoyed it yesterday...as he was getting ready this morning I think he thought he was going back to church because he was talking about it again.
Today...I guess Kellen had a bad day today at school, because he bit one of his friends. Yikes! I think that's only the second time he's ever done that. Arg! He and I had a talk about biting after I read the incident report, then I saw a note in his cubby that said he had bitten himself on the wrist. What was with him today? I know that he and his Daddy wrestled a lot this weekend, so maybe they need to wrestle with boundaries...I think that Kellen is still too young to understand the difference between wrestling with Daddy and what is acceptable play with Daddy and what he's able to do with other people. He just can't make that separation yet. But what do I know? I'm just the Mommy and that's just my speculation...
I'm looking forward to this weekend...I have a goal...Matt and I are thinking about and planning to go out of town to a friends for the weekend for the Super Bowl and make a weekend of it...and I'm clearing my Monday as well in an attempt to make it a relaxing weekend. We had originally scheduled to go out of town this past weekend, but work swamped me and we had to cancel on my account...maybe I'll be able to make up for it this weekend. Something to shoot for!
UPDATED POST at 10:35 PM
Letters of nomination - I've written a few of them tonight for some awards that are due early next week, so I can scratch part of one thing off of my to-do list...at least I've gotten them started. Now I'm only waiting on two more students to send me their packets and I can work up their letters...maybe I'll even get these packets submitted early! (Did I just WRITE that???) I don't believe in jinx's, but did I just do that to myself?
I'm tired, my brain is throbbing...and I'm wondering if my letters even made any sense...I guess I'll tell that one tomorrow when I read over them again at the office where they are now waiting for me on the printer. Gotta' love that proxy!
No comments:
Post a Comment