I attempted to blog this for the first time on Monday night and finished up a little after 9 PM. When I went to publish the post, blogger had gone into a one hour hiatus for web mainentance and I lost my posting. Arg. So...I'll try again.
This past weekend we went to visit the Karnes' and were able to experience first hand the new StoneWater Church that they have helped to get off the ground. The Lord used this weekend to reach us in a number of ways, and we really needed it! Matt was supposed to attend a Men's Retreat they had the weekend prior, but I was swamped with work and just didn't feel like I could get away for the entire weekend, so I canned the trip for the whole family...which was really a blessing in disguise. Like Matt had said, if we had gone last weekend, we wouldn't have gone this weekend, as two weekend trips in a row would have just been too much. We were able to attend a special service on Saturday night, the Sunday morning service, and went to a SuperBowl party, and it just reinvigorated Matt and I about our search for a church in BCS that will really meet our needs. I think that we (or at least I know that I have) felt so badly about not being involved in a church that I might have been too willing to begin attending and join a church that was just OK rather than awesome, and this past weekend helped us to see what we really desire in and from a church. We need to be really prayerful and mindful of where God wants us to be so that we'll be able to serve Him to the best of our abilities...I'm no longer going to be satisfied with just sitting in a pew (ok...so I haven't attended a church that actually had a pew in ages, but you get the idea). I want to be somewhere where I can really get plugged in and be used to serve...God has given my certain gifts for a reason...and it's not just so that I can be good at my job at work (I know that may have come out prideful, but that wasn't really the point...) This weekend also helped to me realize (re-realize perhaps) that my job is only a means to an end...it does not and should not control me...and I think that I've been letting it. Now, for those of you who don't know - I LOVE my job...but I work WAY TOO MUCH. Anyway, there were a number of other reasons why Matt and I needed to be there this weekend, but I won't go into all of those...instead, I'll try and take the blog back to its original focus...
Kellen!
Some cute and funny things that Kellen has done (that I can remember) since my last post (that I have time to blog)
*We were coming back from this weekend and stopped to get him something to drink. Matt decided to get him some chocolate milk, so I told Kellen what Daddy was getting him to drink. He immediately started calling it hot chocolate rather than chocolate milk, and I corrected him so that he wouldn't get upset when he drank something cold rather than warm from his sippy cup, which would have just made our little man a not-so-happy little man (which, as you can imagine, we did NOT want on the road trip). Kellen seems to understand, acknowledges, makes the distinction, and says, "Oh, ok, chocolate milk," then proceeds to drink it from his cup. After taking his very long first drink, his Daddy asks him if he likes it. To this he replies, "Yes, Kellen like it. But IT COLD!"
More later, including a funny story about mud on a truck...
No comments:
Post a Comment