Sunday, February 12, 2006

Relaxing...

Well, we decided against the baseball games for both yesterday and today...it's just too chilly outside for Kellen to be out for a prolonged period of time, but we sure have had fun so far this weekend! After a round of naps for everyone yesterday, Mommy and Daddy included (how nice!!), Kellen and I played with some his puzzles and toys for a while,















then we rediscovered his bean bag, and have moved it to what I imagine will be a somewhat permanent spot in the living room, and he and his Daddy had a blast playing with it















...although I'm sure in the future we'll have to lay down some ground rules on horse-play and the bean bag. Then he wanted to lay on his bear skin rug while being in the room with us before bedtime















..such a great family day and night that we had yesterday! The small exception being that the poor little guy had what I can think of as his first real scared moment...we were watching the Olympics and Ice Age and flipping back and forth right before bedtime, and he went to bed right after Diego tried to get the baby from the mammoth (can't remember his name)...when I tucked Kellen and after we said our prayers he whispered that he was scared that the lion (ok, so it was a sabertooth tiger...he's 2 1/2) was going to get the baby. It took a while for me to catch what he was saying and connect it with Ice Age, then I realized that he was worried about the baby...tried to tell him that the lion (no use in confusing him at this point in time) didn't get the baby and ended up helping the baby at the end and that no one hurt the baby at all in the TV. Come to find out, he was also worried that a lion was going to get him...Poor guy! It ended up taking much longer than usual for him to finally go to sleep last night because of this all...lesson learned - if I'm going to pull him out in the middle of a movie, make sure it's not in a part that could be considered scary! Come on, Mommy!

Today we tried out a new church, took Kellen to the park to get some pictures of him looking so cute in his outfit, then let him play for a little bit...not too long, because although the sun felt good, the wind was biting cold!





















Doesn't he look adorable? And he had so much fun on the slides, too! He just loves the playground!















Back home we're just hanging out...Mommy got her second nap of the weekend today (what a treat!) and Daddy is now outside working in the yard. Kellen is running around playing with his toys and singing, so I'm off to join in on the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment