Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Shapes & Sizes

Kellen is just a hoot!

Last night we're making grilled cheese sandwiches and he wants to watch and help. I picked him up so that he could see the sandwich being made and hold the spatula...then he decides that he really wants to help...actually help...and I let him help me flip the sandwich over (very carefully, of course). Bless his heart, he doesn't understand how cooking works, but he apparently loves to flip grilled cheese, because he immediately said, "Turn it over again, Mommy!" Then he looked at the spatula he was holding in his hand, inspected the bottom part, and matter-of-factly informed me that the hole in the bottom (the manufactered hole in case you wanted to hang it), was an oval. Yes, sir it is.

This, on the heels of another funny...slightly a PG funny though...so consider this your warning....

Sunday night, after we've gotten all ready for bed and have actually been tucked in and said our prayers, Kellen informs me that he needs to go pee pee in the potty. Since we're really working on this, I pick him up and hustle him to the potty, asking him to hold it so that he can pee pee in the potty and as quickly as I possibly can, take his pants and diaper off and sit him on the potty. As he proceeds to hold his penis down to pee, he looks and me and says, "My penis is big, Mommy" (just a note because I'm not sure how these things work all of the time, it doesn't actually look this large every time that he goes pee pee...it was unusually large at this particular moment).

Trying desperately not to laugh, I nonchalantly replied, "Oh is it?"

"Yes. It's big penis, Mommy"

"Oh, ok. Just go pee pee, Kellen."

Kellen then proceeds to pee pee in the potty. Hooray! He's doing so well with this!! He flushes the toilet (his reward for actually doing something), then gets off of the potty.

I just had to ask, "Is your penis still big?"

As he's standing next to the potty, he bends over, looks at his penis, grabs it, points it up to face him, then drops it, looks at me and replies, "Nope. It's little now."

Well allrightly then. Oh if he only knew how funny he was.

As for today, I picked him up early, we had spaghetti for dinner, he had a nice bath, and we had a great time playing tonight. After his bath he wanted me to wrap him in his towel and hold him like a baby, which I gladly did...that seems to be the only time that he allows me to hold him (other than when he's ill), so gladly, gladly, gladly...He was worried because the bath was an early bath (~6:30) and he's used to going to bed afterwards, so he kept telling me that he wasn't ready to go to bed...Cute little thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment