I've been focusing on Kellen with the blog, which of course is just the MOST fun, but today I received a much needed pick-me-up in the mail - my first book in which one of my photographs is published! I am now a published photographer. Not that that statement says much, but it's just kinda' cool... It's a picture of Kellen after his first birthday where he's fast asleep in a hammack, titled Worn Out, and I showed him the picture in the book when I opened it up.
"That's ME, Mommy! That's Kellen in the BOOK! I want to HOLD it!"
He was just thrilled about seeing himself in the book, and watching his reaction to seeing himself in print is just hilarious!
Anyway, I'm not feeling well today, and took the day off of work, but did manage to crawl out of my hole long enough to pick Kellen up from daycare, rent Ice Age, swing by the Dollar Store for some much needed cereal and fruit bars, and then stopped by Chicken Express for dinner. Not even a hint of motivation to cook tonight, so no use in pep-talking myself through it or beating myself up about it. After dinner, Kellen's bath and getting ready for bed, I broke all normal rules and allowed Kellen to watch Ice Age...even started the movie at around 7:15 or so, so he'll have a late bedtime..rule breaker am I! I really want him to watch it from start to finish and get rid of this terrible "scared" period that he's going through right now that started about a week and a half ago when he was interrupted while watching this movie (when I unthinkingly plucked him from what I didn't consider at the time to be a scary part for a 2 1/2 year old...crazy mommy am I!). He was mesmerized by this movie...I don't think that he moved a muscle through the ENTIRE thing! Luckily, this Kellen-respite did allow me to summon the energy to throw a load of laundry in, unload, reload and run the dishwasher, but that was the extend of the housecleaning duties that I managed to accomplish before joining him - that was enough to wipe me out! Toward the end of the movie I did talk him through some of the parts and made sure that he understood that Diego the lion...(then I tried to explain that it really was a tiger...but he's still calling it a lion) was really a nice lion and didn't hurt the baby at all, and that the bad lion was gone and couldn't hurt anyone and see...the baby went back with his daddy and the daddy was happy at the end. We'll see how much of that actually sticks, but hey, we have the movie for a whole week!
No comments:
Post a Comment