Sunday, February 26, 2006

My spot

Kellen has kept us in stitches this morning. He came into bed ...(none of us are feeling well today, Matt's getting over his crud, I'm getting my once or twice yearly sore throat, and Kellen's coughing up a storm).. and immediately nestled into his spot. At one point in time Matt tried to toustle my hair, only to have Kellen swat away his hand and exclaim, "That's MY Mommy!" He was being a little of a wiggle wort, and moved around, so Matt snuggled over to me, encroaching on Kellen's 'spot' in the bed. The little man decided he was having none of that! He told his daddy that was his spot and to go back to daddy's spot...then moved daddy back to his spot (with daddy's allowance, of course). He was cracking us up!

At one point in time, he had asked me a question, and my answer was, "Ask your Daddy." He then turned to daddy and asked the same question, to which his reply was, "Ask your Mommy." When Kellen turned to me, I pretended to be asleep and snoring, and immediately so did Matt. Kellen asked us both to wake up, etc. for a minute or so, then I hear this deep, profound sigh and a sad little voice saying, "Mommy and Daddy are asleep. I can't wake them up. I try to wake them up but I can't."

The next time he asked Mommy to wake up I opened my eyes and responded to him, and he looked at me and said, "Daddy's sleeping. I can't wake him up." So I suggested that he try and wake his daddy up with a big kiss...which he did, and guess what? It worked!

Man oh man he cracks us up!

No comments:

Post a Comment