That's how Kellen woke up today...at 5:20 AM and on the wrong side of the bed. I tucked him back in...in HIS bed, told him it was still night-night time and that he needed to go back to sleep. And sleep he did! At 7 AM he still hadn't woken back up! Finally at about 5 minutes after 7 I saw his light turn on in his room and went in to greet him...and I was greeted in turn by a little monster man. Yikes! Wrong side of the bed I tell you, wrong side of the bed.
Screaming through getting his diaper changed and clothes on, we leave for school...Whoa buddy! I made sure to give them fair warning when we got there, too.
One of his teachers told me yesterday that in the afternoons he's transitioning to the older classroom, but I didn't realize that they meant today...they did...so when I went to pick him up he was on the big playground, and having so much fun that he was NOT ready to go home with Mommy (despite the fact that I actually left work at 5:00 PM...really!). I let him play for 15 minutes or so and just watched him interact with his friends and then we left for home.
Apparently, the grump hadn't gotten all worked out at daycare. What a night!
No comments:
Post a Comment