Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Funny man

So Kellen came back from MawMaw and PawPaw's today. Although he got back in the state yesterday, we felt it was better for him to stay out of the "funk" of our house until we had given this junk another day to get out of Tatum and my system.

Anyway...so he walks in and I ask for a hug, he comes over, starts to give me a hug, then stops.

"I can't give you a hug because you're sick. We don't give hugs to people when they're sick because then I'll get sick. And if I get sick then EVERYBODY will be sick and that will be bad. Mommy, did your heart stop beating when you were sick?" [Note: you have to read this while NOT taking a breath to get the full effect. Really.]

My oh my...

Trying to get him to finish his dinner, which was a peanut butter sandwich, 2 fig newton cookies, a slice of a peach and a cup of milk....

"I'm full," he declares after eating his 2 fig newtons. "If I eat everything then my belly will be full and I will eat too much and it will be round and I'll be a ball like Lilo and Stitch. 'Cause they ate too much and then went bouncy, bouncy, bouncy."

I have NO idea what he was watching and when Lilo and Stitch ate so much that they turned into bouncing balls, but whatever.

Apparently he had a really good time on his trip, even thanking God during his prayers for letting him go on the airplane.

As for his sister, she was completely asymptomatic today, so I think we'll try daycare again tomorrow and see how it goes.

1 comment: