Monday, November 05, 2007

Tatum's sick

Friday
Oh goodness...she threw up at school on Friday - twice, and enough that they called me. I went to pick her up early, she didn't get her 3:30 bottle, she was gagging and turning red - like she couldn't get a good breath and/or enough force to push up whatever it is that she needs to push up. She nursed twice - about 5 minutes each time and threw up the entire bit of it seconds later...I checked her diaper later on Friday night and it wasn't wet. And I hadn't changed it since I picked her up from school at ~ 4:30.

Oh man. She's not lethargic, but is definitely not acting like herself.

She nursed earlier like she wanted some milk, then snuggled next to me and threw it all up less than 2-5 minutes later.

She slept...and I just watched her VERY closely. When she isn't having a "spell" (don't know of a better way to put that), she's acting almost like my Tatum...still talking, cooing, but I can tell that she doesn't feel well...she's way more snuggly than normal, is more pale than normal, etc.

I did take her temp and she isn't running a fever at all...so I guess that's one good thing that we have going for us. Apparently there is something going around daycare...there were just a handful of the kids there Friday (out of the class of 10) and the rest of them were out with a stomach bug and/or cold/cough stuff.

Great.

Saturday
Well...Friday night went pretty well...Matt brought her in to me at about 4 and she nursed then - and kept it down, and fell back asleep in bed with us...woke up again around 7:30 and nursed on the other side...again..it stayed down. Apparently Matt changed her diaper at 4 before he brought her to me and said that it was wet - and full. She played for a little bit and then went down for a nap...woke up with a HUGE poopy diaper (runny since she hasn't had any solids), but at least she's getting some output. She played well since she woke up and has nursed again, so we'll see how the rest of the day goes...Hopefully it was just a quick little bug.

No "incidents" on Saturday.

Sunday
Well, she didn't throw up on Saturday, but Sunday she was just "off" and ended up throwing up on me when I got back to the house after going running an errand - and that was ~ 2 hours after she had eaten.

*sigh*

And then a little later I felt of her and she felt a little warm...took her temp and she's running a very low grade fever. Not high enough to be considered a real fever (i.e., I could still take her to daycare in the morning) but elevated such that I think her body might actually be trying to fight something. Poor baby.

I'm going to play tomorrow by ear...see how she's feeling in the morning. But I might be taking a day off is she still isn't feeling well!

Monday
Well, Tatum decided to share with Mommy and Daddy last night. Isn't she sweet? Matt and I were both up getting sick - I'll spare you the details except to say that's it's a good thing we have two bathrooms in the house. And that I never thought they would both be used at the same time - in the middle of the night - by people getting sick.

I took her temp first thing this morning and she's not running a fever at all, and so I was going to get her dressed and take her to school so I could lounge at the house in misery. (Poor Matt, he actually went to work this morning and I think is going to try and find someone to cover at least part of his shift for him). Anyway, as I was getting ready to put clothes on her, she starts coughing and then throws up...lots. This was ~ 2 hours after I had fed her - since her body is still on the "old" time system.

Oh my, oh my. I think I'm calling the doctor's office this morning...at least to speak to the nurse about what's going on and if I should take her in.

No comments:

Post a Comment