- I wasn't really that organized before. (Laugh - go ahead - Laugh all you folks whose mouths are now on the floor...)
- It is possible to take two kids to a festival in downtown Bryan - by yourself. And carry the 35 lb 4-year-old back to the minivan - that's a half mile away - while pushing the stroller when they get tired and are ready to go home. Or when they're not.
- It is possible to nurse child #2 while shopping with child #1 in Toys R Us - and even manage to be discrete. And push the stroller in which no one is riding.
- It is possible to take both kids to an after hours social - and carry them both out (20 lbs & ~ 40 lbs), along with their stuff, when #1 decides that he's too tired and just doesn't want to walk through the parking lot to the car...It just makes everyone you work with think that you're supermom. :)
- Math is wrong. 1 kid = 100% love; 2 kids does NOT = 50% love/each...somehow, each kid still gets 100% love out of 1 heart. It is possible and truly amazing.
- It is possible to make your baby food without completely (and I'll stress completely) losing your mind. And it's even kind of fun and somewhat addicting.
- It really IS easier to cook everything at once, freeze and then reheat dinner rather than trying to "cook" every night.
- You really CAN'T imagine life without the 2nd, just like you couldn't remember life before the 1st.
- It is possible to leave a nursing child for 5 days (It's not fun, but it's possible) and still manage to pump some amount of milk for that child (assuming said child takes bottles, which mine does). Oh, and TSA has now changed their guidelines so that nursing moms can bring any amount of breastmilk with them on the plane - with or without their child. Go figure.
- I care even less about being discrete with #2 than I did with #1. Really. And even less as time goes on.
- Children of both sexes can squirt urine at you during a diaper change. Seriously.
- Projectile poop is not fun. Need I say much more about this one?
- When your child(ren) throw up on you, you'll comfort them, strip the sopping wet clothes from your body & put on more, AFTER you clean them up, of course, just so they can do it again.
- My house will never again be pristine (not that it was pristine a large amount of time anyway), and it doesn't bother me as much as I wish it did. (Shouldn't I be striving for that? :) )
- I love that my son loves and adores his sister, and that my daughter thinks her brother hung the moon!
- Watching your husband melt with your child really does make you fall in love with them all over again - all over again.
Saturday, November 03, 2007
Things I've learned
Things I've learned since having two kids:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree! Oh and BTW for next time, make said 4 year old climb in the basket underneath the stroller instead of carrying him. I have done it a few times so as to save my back! The whole nursing at Toys R Us- I did it the other day at TJ Max, the sad part is that I didn't think twice about it!
ReplyDeleteHmm...interesting. My basket underneath the stroller really isn't set up that way, but I like the idea. That's one of the times that one of those double strollers would have been handy.
ReplyDelete