Well...despite our best efforts to avoid it, apparently it was inevitable. Kellen got the tummy bug. He made his way into our room sometime last night, and I was awoken to the sounds of sickness at about 12:30 this morning. Poor guy! His little body didn't even give him any warning...he was getting sick in his sleep! What a way to wake up. I grabbed him just as quickly as I could, ran him to the bathroom, and helped him continue to get sick...by helped of course I mean I pointed his head in the correct direction toward the toilet. When he was all through - bless his heart - we got all cleaned up, I stripped and made the bed, started a load of laundry, and we tried to go back to sleep.
That lasted for a little while until the next go-round. Luckily, the next one wasn't quite as bad as the first. But still...his poor little body isn't giving him any warning at all!
So, he is sequestered to our bedroom for the time being. (We'll see if we can manage to keep him and Tatum apart so that SHE doesn't get it again) So far this morning he's watched cartoons and has had some water. I made him some toast, but he didn't want to eat it, so I didn't force the issue. Now, at 9:30 - yes, you read that correctly - 9:30 AM, he is back asleep.
We'll see how the rest of the day goes. From the other parents with multiple kids that have gotten this, I've been told that the older kids take much less time to get over this than the younger ones. Maybe we'll just be dealing with this today and be on the recovering end of it tomorrow.
Oh, and did I mention that Tatum threw up again yesterday afternoon at daycare? AHH!!! She hasn't shown the slightest bit of this bug since early this week! I am hoping and praying that this was just a fluke. A fluke - really...can it be just a fluke?
No comments:
Post a Comment