When I went to get Tatum from her crib this morning, I noticed that she felt warm through her night clothes. REALLY warm. I took her temperature, and I don't think I have EVERY seen a thermometer climb that high that fast....it finally stopped at 104.2.
No, that isn't a typo.
104.2. Seriously.
Consciously trying to stay very calm, I walked through the living room, to Matt and said, "I'm trying to stay calm, but we're certainly not going to church this morning. Her temp is 104.2...motrin and a bath, you think?"
We worked all morning on getting her temp to come down...an hour after the motrin it had only dropped 1 degree, but at least it came down some. We're keeping a chart of her meds, temps, input, output, etc., just in case we need to go to the dr or the ER at any point in time during this.
She's on antibiotics for her ear infections, so I'm guessing this is viral...Goodness gracious though...I'm just not sure how much more I can take. I don't know what kind of test the Lord is allowing us to go through, but I feel like I'm failing and that I just want to give up so that it will be over.
I'm sure that isn't the right attitude to have, but I'm just tired...tired of fighting illness after illness with the kids, tired of so many things that I'll choose to not list for fear of sounding like a whiny baby at this point in time.
At any rate, please pray for Tatum...pray that she's able to fight whatever it is that her body is trying to fight right now. And pray for our family that we're able to continue to deal with this.
Thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment