Thursday, March 06, 2008

This weather!

It's no wonder my little precious ones have been sick! This weather is driving me batty!

It probably wouldn't be that bad if I actually watched the news, or the weather channel, or some form of advanced planning mechanism in the mornings like a normal person so that I could properly clothe myself and my children. But honestly, who has time to do that while you're trying to get yourself and two little ones ready for their day and out the door ON TIME?? Really?

And don't answer that question or comment on this post unless you're going to support me in the fact that it's difficult to do - I don't want to hear about how easy it is for someone else :) Unless, of course, you have a SUPER-SIMPLE solution for this not-enough-time-in-the-morning problem so that it can be easily remedied.

I can't have the TV on because some little 4 and a half year old will be mesmerized by the TV and "forget" that he's supposed to eat, or get dressed, or go to the bathroom, or put on shoes, or...you get the point.

Ug. At least this morning the kids were dressed appropriately for the nastiness of today. They both had on jackets and Kellen had extra long-sleeved shirts at school. Me - oh no - nothing of the sort. I had on a light, three quarter shirt and NO jacket. Luckily, I had a very light jacket at the office, one that barely sufficed as a rain shield while held over my head to get me to my car. And speaking of getting to my car - where the heck are all of my umbrellas? You know, the things that I used to have EVERYWHERE? At one point in time I know I had at least a half dozen...with at least 1 in my vehicle. Amazing how those things seem to vanish just when you need them the most...I bet I managed to use them all and they are stocked at my office somewhere...buried in all of my bags underneath my desk. Yup...that's probably it.

I feel an office cleaning spree coming on. Hmmm...Just in time for spring break next week. Maybe I can make that happen.

As for the kids, they're both doing great. Tatum seems like she's really starting to feel better now. We have 3 and a half days of medicine in her and I'm thinking that it's starting to take effect. She's also cut both of those eye teeth as well, which I imagine has helped things tremendously on her pain scale. As for Kellen, I had a talk with the folks at daycare yesterday, requested and have been told that he's officially going to be moving up to the Turtle room on March 17th and visiting when there is an open spot before then. The Turtle room is the "official" pre-K room and although both the Turtle room and his current Jellyfish room are supposed to be pre-K, I can tell that they really aren't "equal" in terms of their preparation and "pre-k ness" if you will. So Matt and I are both thrilled about that, and especially since he'll be in Ms. Lisa's class. Kellen just ADORES Ms. Lisa! Loves, loves, loves her! I'm so excited for him!

I just can't believe that he'll actually be starting school - for real deal school - in August. Oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment