Friday, March 21, 2008

Recap of Spring Break Fun...

Here's a photo and video-clip recap of last week's spring break fun...
Incredible Pizza (Thursday night):

We were initially tentative with Tatum and the rides...put her on the truly "kiddo" kiddy rides and climbing toys...


Then after having Kellen ride his beloved train, we decided to let Tatum give it a whirl, with me standing inside, guarding closely. She was probably thinking, "It's about time, folks!" Take a look at that expression! She was LOVING her train ride! Oh boy...we have another dare devil on our hands! And where, I ask you, did she learn to put her hands on the steering wheel???

Backstory for what you're about to see:
Kellen goes to Incredible Pizza quite often while visiting his MawMaw and PawPaw. And they play games while there. Lots of games. Lots and lots of games. Really.

When you play lots of games and don't cash in the tickets for the "crap" toys, you can really save up over time, especially when you have generous workers :)
Exhibit A for what I'm talking about...



I have NO idea why the lady behind the counter had to walk away, but poor Kellen was NOT about to let Buzz Lightyear out of his sight! He was going to follow her until he had HIS Buzz in HIS hands. Goodness. (And I still can't figure out what it was that she had to go and do? Get a manager maybe because it was worth so many tickets???)

And here is a picture of him absolutely in love with the almost larger-than-life Buzz Lightyear.
The Zoo (Friday):
Going in...we were already seeing monkeys!

Then it was off to see the sea lions...and Kellen wanted to jump in and swim with them...Hmmm...sounds a little like something his Mommy would have said...


Tatum and MawMaw decided to feed some of the birds along the way...


We were able to get some really good views of the elephants...and it made me kind of sad to think back and remember Kellen being small enough to say "epetant" for elephant...At least this time he didn't tell everyone within earshot that they were "HIS epetants!"




And what would a trip to the zoo be without seeing the monkeys? Kellen asked for them just as soon as we walked inside the gate...

The Children's Zoo...I had hoped that Tatum would really enjoy the petting zoo...she wasn't afraid of any of the animals, and I did get some pretty good video (I'll have to upload it on another post later...), but she was more interested in the, ummmm, pellets on the ground than the actual animals. *Sigh* Maybe next time she'll be a little more interested in the LIVE things. However, Kellen did a GREAT job of showing her how to be gentle to the animals, how to pet them, and helped me try to keep her from putting things she was finding on the ground into her mouth...What a good big brother!


I'll have to start another post later about the splash pad and then my slightly artsy phase at the zoo...I did get some nice shots of the kids, though! I'll be sure to share soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment