And then there was the splashpad. We visited it after the Children's Zoo petting area, a fine place to finish off the day, get all of the rest of their energy out, and cool off. I thought that they BOTH would love it, and I'm still convinced that they would have, if some rather large boy, old enough to know better, hadn't purposefully splashed Tatum in the face immediately upon her entrance to this splashpad.
Um...as much as she loves water - and she is QUITE the water baby - there was virtually nothing that MawMaw or I could do to recover from that. And we tried. A lot. I ended up pretty drenched in the process, actually.

See what I mean? This face pretty much exemplified her attitude about this particular splashpad. And I can't say that I blame her too much! I can say; however, that I was disappointed...I was so looking forward to seeing her excitedly playing in the splashing water!

I was successful at getting her NEAR the water, which I considered an accomplishment. Woe was us though, if one of the spouts happened to go off and squirt her. Oh buddy.
Oh, and about two seconds after I snapped this particular photo, she got slightly daring and decided to go further into the splashpad...and promptly lost her footing on the incline and did a header. Compare the photos from here on out...You'll need a nice little strawberry on her forehead after this one. Poor baby!

See what I mean? Note the strawberry and my continued attempts to get her used to the spouting water.


And we must have gotten through a little bit...or figured out that we needed to put her somewhere where she felt like she was in charge of something...or where she could decide if she got wet or not...So on top of the turtle, we actually got our first, "I'm having a good time and enjoying myself" smile of the splashpad experience.
Now Kellen, on the other hand, LOVED the splashpad...almost all aspects of it (there was that one boy...but we dealt with him). Not quite as many pictures of him, but plenty of video to make up for it...he was quite the hoot (and it takes ages to upload video, so I'll just do one).

And here are some examples of my little artsy self..I'm not saying there all good...I'm just saying I got artsy...*grin* I don't think MawMaw knew what she was in for when she suggested putting the kids by some flowers for some spring pictures. Here is just a small sampling of some of the pictures that I took of the kids...and only later - when they were both oh-so-done with pictures, did I realize that I didn't get ANY of the two of them together. Ug.



And Tatum was doing SO WELL with the pictures that I really took a lot with her. Apparently, Kellen started thinking that Mommy didn't want to take any pictures with him, and was getting his feelings hurt...Poor little guy. I guess every once in a while I get a dose of sibling rivalry reality - not too often, but every once in a while. Of course, I assured him that I DID want to take his picture, and then proceeded to do so...and he hammed it up (would you expect anything less?)




Although Kellen really and truly tried MawMaw and my patience that day, we really still had a good time. I told MawMaw that I gave it 15 minutes after we got into the car for him to be asleep...she didn't think he would make it out of the parking lot. We didn't even begin to venture on Tatum. She ended up falling asleep in the stroller on the way to the car, and stayed asleep through the transition from the stroller to the car and then again from the car to the house. Kellen made it out of the parking lot, but was asleep by the time we got past Minute Maid field...so less than 15 minutes after we left. And HE made stayed asleep all the way home, and virtually made the transition from the car to the house as well...I did a quick potty break with him, changed his clothes and got him into bed...told him that if he was still awake after I brought Tatum into the house that I would read him a story. Nope. He was out by the time I brought her back in...Hugging Buzz Lightyear for all he was worth.
Memories...Sweet memories...
No comments:
Post a Comment