Grandma Gerren and I had discussed, a l-o-n-g time ago, back when the OPAS schedule first came out for the season, about the fact that the Blue Man Group was coming to town the weekend of Tatum's birthday. We both thought that she might really enjoy the Blue Man Group.
So a week and a half before her birthday, when we discussed this again, I realized I hadn't thought much about it since then. And in seemingly normal fashion, Grandma Gerren and I chatted, and she made it work.
She managed to get some pretty good seats for 'the girls' to attend the Blue Man Group for the Sunday afternoon showing.
I didn't do a very good job of explaining the Blue Man Group to Tatum, nor did I explain the theatre itself, so it's no wonder she got a little scared. For the record, she DID enjoy it. It has just taken her a little while to process through what she saw to realize that.
She's been talking about it ever since....Mommy how did those blue men do ____________?, Mommy, were those men really blue? Are they blue all over? Mommy, during that one part, how did they ______?
I love that we were able to take her, I just wish I would have done a little more research on what to expect from their show so I could have better prepared her. But I loved it!
We went Saturday and loved it too! It would be hard to describe so I can imagine Tatum's questions. Haha! Looks like you girls had fun. :P
ReplyDelete