Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Perspective when your kiddos are strong-willed

I have spoken a lot about my strong willed children. Those children who just so happen to come from two strong willed parents.

They never stood a chance.

I have to remind myself that their strong wills will come in handy some day when they are faced with peer pressure and all sorts of other 'things' and I hope and pray that the messages they are learning now will stick.

So it was refreshing to read this devotional about that very same thing.  I absolutely love the mothering perspectives she lists...
  1. Don't take too much credit for their good.
  2. Don't take too much credit for their bad.
  3. Don't try to raise a good child. Raise a God-following adult.
Oh thank you Lord for that sweet reminder! It's not my purpose in life to raise 'good' kids...it's my purpose in life to raise kids who know and love the Lord.

2 comments: