So this post will cover about a week and a half for the month of March...
Saturday the 10th was a fairly relaxing day...the weather was drizzly, and we had NOTHING on the agenda. Let me repeat that.
We had nothing on the agenda. [It's so rare it was worth repeating]
So I decided to pull Tatum's shorts, skirts, pants, capris and dresses out and she did a fashion show. It was really just a fun way for her to try on all of these things so I could see what needed to come OUT of her section of the closet and go into storage for Jacey or get purged because it was a little too loved. Then later on in the day we did her tops.
I then pulled ALL of the socks out from Jacey and Tatum and we played the match game. I am sick and tired of having mismatched socks....so am bound and determined to put an end to that. I went through the clean socks, matched them up, and them put the mismatched ones on the dryer so as I finish laundry, I can continue making sets. Once that's finished, I'm know which of them truly are lonely. Of course, of the socks that are matched, it seems that over half of them are too small for Jacey's seemingly huge feet. So out they went.
We matched socks, and now have a pile of socks currently mismatched. After I get through doing laundry..(and figure out which ones are truly lonely, like I mentioned)...we might make some puppets (that Tatum has been asking to make) out of the lonely socks.
After all of the clothes purging (with just a bit more to go, I might add...but Jacey is in no mood to try on her shirts or dresses)....Matt decided to clean out the garage. And the purge total climbed. We started a 'mission box' and went to town.
And in our random purging, I ran across a pair of shoes that Jacey has outgrown that I really haven't wanted to admit she's outgrown. And I put them in the bag to donate to our friends. I showed them to Matt as I was doing it and we both got our sad faces on for a few minutes and were saddened that she was outgrowing those shoes. Maybe we can find them in a bigger size and pretend she really isn't growing up after all.
Weekly total = ~40 items
March total = 40 items
No comments:
Post a Comment