Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Easter bunny...Craft time!

So I stumbled across this post where a tutorial is shown about making Easter bunnies from lonely socks. (The tutorial is fabulous...If I can make it from the tutorial, you know you're in good shape. Elsie Marley's bunny also looks way better than mine. That being said, I'll include some rudimentary instructions below with my pictures as well).

As I have already mentioned, I just purged socks and have more lonely socks that I know what to do with around here right now.


This is what the basket of lonely socks looks like...normally it is sitting on top of my dryer, waiting to try and find their partners as loads (and loads, and loads, and loads) of laundry come out of the dryer and get folded and put away (hahaha...so funny...like that happens immediately...but I digress). I took it and since I was home yesterday with both girls, I decided to make the 'pin' a reality.

Tatum picked out her color for her bunny, and while the girls were eating dinner and watching a movie, I tried to get all crafty.

Here goes:

Put your stuffing in the bottom of the sock, which will end up being the body of the bunny. I realized when I was finished that I probably didn't use enough stuffing...but you don't want to use too much...so just take your best guess. Slip stitch around where you want the body to end and draw it tight.


Around the toe of your body (what will be the tail) do another slip stitch in a circular pattern, and tie it off...this will be the tail.


Stuff the head (which is really the heel area of the sock) and perform the same slip stitch technique you have no doubt mastered by now (hopefully better than I seem to have done).


Then take the top of the sock and cut a V into it (you'll have just made the sections for the two ears). Then cut those 'ears' so that they have a point in the middle (so each ear is another V). Fold the edges of each ear in toward the center and stitch them.

Tatum decided that her bunny needed eyes, so I played with the thread and added eyes to her bunny. I also added a few quick stitches in various places to hold it together in something that resembled the shape of a bunny (and realized again that I didn't stuff the body with enough stuffing).

But there you have it!  A purple bunny...

No comments:

Post a Comment