Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I think it's time for another t-shirt purge...

3/13 Update: after doing some additional laundry, I came across a few more t-shirts...so I've adjusted the numbers accordingly below.

Remember my old post about purging t-shirts to a more manageable number?  Well, I think it's time again.

My t-shirt count is 21 23 shirts (at least that are currently clean, folded and in my drawer - and I'm pretty caught up on my laundry as of *right.now*), and this is true t-shirts, not the girl-cut t-shirts (I know, I know...I actually differentiate between the two).


They actually (mostly) fit when they're all clean and folded in my drawer, but still....how many t-shirts do I need? I wear them on the weekends and occasionally on a Friday to work...occasionally.

In going through them, it's obvious I end up still wearing the same ones over and over again....maybe it's the way they feel?  Maybe the way I feel like I look in them?

I honestly have no idea. But I'm thinking it's too many t-shirts. Especially when I'm not wearing them all.

So, there seems to be some that I have a twinge about getting rid of....race shirts, etc.  Apparently I need to make some sort of keepsake item with those (a shadow box for my race shirts and medals? suggestions from other runners would be greatly appreciated!!). Others I will officially move to the 'sleep shirt' ranks. Yeah, they're that bad. Still others I'll move to the 'craft' pile for wreaths and possibly some flip flops for the girls and I.

So, the end count is....17 19 t-shirts.

1 comment:

  1. Another idea is to make a quilt with your race shirts. Not sure where the medals would fit in though. Can't wait to see what you decide to do!

    ReplyDelete