Yesterday we dyed eggs...(Tatum watched and played on her own...I wasn't quite brave enough to let her join in)

Kellen had a lot of fun picking out the colors, and letting them sit and turn, etc...

Can't you see him thinking, "Is it the right color yet?"

Let's check...
And then yesterday afternoon we went to an Easter egg hunt sponsored by one of the local churches. Tatum's version of egg hunting is very modest...two hands, two eggs - and she was completely happy. No selfishness here!
And then when we got home from the hunt, the eggs we had dyed were sufficiently dried to work on decorating...So here are some pictures of Kellen's decorating attempts. They didn't turn out quite as well as either he or I had intended...the stickers that came with the sets didn't actually stick to the eggs, and the markers didn't want to color on the eggs either...so we each "decorated" one egg and called it good!
Easter morning...Matt kept the kids occupied in our bedroom while I set up the baskets...one for each kid (not sure where Mommy & Daddy's basket went...we each had one last year, but it's just so much more fun to get stuff for the kids!!).
So here is a closer pictures of Kellen's basket...
And then one of Tatum's basket...
I wasn't sure if the ears would go over well, and didn't imagine that Tatum would keep them on very long, but she did like them! Although she put them on (or got them put on her) and then immediately took them off, she certainly seemed to like them - and tried in her own way to put them back on again - unsuccessfully, of course, but she was trying!

We packed them up and went to the 11 AM service, Kellen was so excited and ran to his classroom while Tatum, on the other hand, was sound asleep by the time we got to the church parking lot. And stayed asleep through check-in and me putting her in a crib in the nursery. In fact, she only woke up about 5 minutes before I picked her up and was still, in the words of the nursery worker still holding her when I did pick her up, "Still waking up," when I got her. Sweet little thing!Here are the kids when we got home from church...too bad that Tatum wasn't completely awake, nor happy to be taking pictures quite yet...Oh well!



And what's a spring day without some dandilions?
You have no idea how much I want to squeeze your children. No idea. How do you get that cute?
ReplyDeleteYou really did get a lot of eggs! Looks like fun, though! I'm glad they had a good time and I LOVE their matching or 'coordinating' Easter outfits! :)
ReplyDelete