Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Boogie Man

I was reading Kellen his bedtime story tonight (Veggie Tales Thankful book), and was singing part of a Veggie Tales song to him.

"God is bigger, bigger than the boogie man.
He's bigger than Godzilla or the monsters on TV, whoooaooo.
God is bigger, bigger than the boogie man.
He's watching, watching, watching....
Watching over you and me!"

Anyway, there was a picture in his book at the back advertising the "God is bigger" book, and it had a picture of Frankenstein in it. So he asks me, "Is that the Boogie Man?"

Me: "No sweetie, that's Frankenstein. He's part of the song, too, remember?"

Kellen: "Oh yeah. What does the boogie man look like?"

Me: "I'm not sure sweetie. I don't know what he looks like."

Kellen: "Oh I do!"

Me: "You do?"

Kellen: "Yes! He looks like me!"

Me: "What? What do you mean 'he looks like you?' "

Kellen: "The boogie man looks like me. Sometimes I pick my nose. When I pick my nose, I'm the boogie man, right?"

I could hardly contain myself...really...

1 comment: