Yesterday was Kellen's first Aggie game at Kyle Field...other than the Maroon and White games, of course. We hadn't planned to take him to the game, perhaps to the tailgate, but not the game. But he had other ideas.
We got up and got our Aggie gear on, Kellen and I in our jerseys and Tatum in her Aggie outfit (make note Mommy...need more Aggie gear for Tatum in larger sizes for the rest of the season), and were hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa, who had come in Friday night and were staying over to watch the kids while Matt and I went to the game. Matt gets home and Kellen asks, "What time are we going to go and watch the Aggies play, Daddy?" Matt's reply, "Well, we don't have a ticket for you, Kellen. We weren't going to take you to watch the Aggies play today."
Well that didn't sit well with Kellen. He didn't throw a fit, but his bottom lip turned under, and in the most pathetic voice (at least according to Matt), he said, "But I want to go and watch the Aggies play, Daddy!"
I think that settled it.
So we made some arrangements, and got Kellen into the game. He had a really good time - I'm not sure that he's ready to go on a regular basis, but overall...he really did enjoy himself...
So here's our photo journal of his first Aggie home game...
Leaving the house for the game...All geared up..
Tailgating...Let's play some football, folks!!! ![]()

Walking to Kyle Field...
Here's my ticket, Ma'am...Thank you!
Gotta' love them ballpark hotdogs!
"Thank you for bringing me to watch the Aggies, Daddy!"
Kellen and Mommy at the game...

A big WHOOP for an Aggie win...38-7!
Playing on Kyle Field after the game...Down, set, hutt...
No comments:
Post a Comment