Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Pretty eventful morning...before 7 AM!!!

So Matt took Kellen with him this morning and dropped him off at Maw Maw and Paw Paw's on his way to work, and I snuggled with Tatum (Matt brought her to me before he left with the "she's hungry" message) and fed her.

Our day was off to a good start.

A quick (maybe 30 sec) trip to the potty for me, after building a pillow fence around Tatum, didn't fare so well. I heard a thud...ran to the bed to see no Tatum. She had fallen off....on my watch! I rush to pick her up, check her head, snuggle and comfort her...all of those Mommy things. I sit down on the bed with her in my lap, and she proceeds to throw up...LOTS...

So I desperately try to get in touch with Matt for medical advice.....several calls and messages to his voicemail and a couple of texts later, I finally get in touch with him to let him know what's going on. By this time, Tatum has calmed down, she hasn't thrown up again, and she's acting like her normal self...eyes aren't dilated, she's tracking my finger and me with both of her eyes, grabbing for objects, etc. So I give Matt the update...he tells me he's going to make a quick phone call and will call me back.

Calls me back and tells me to go to the ER.

So I'm at the ER before 6:30 with Tatum to get looked at...the doctor and I have a lengthy discussion about CT, hospital admission, how they normally treat head injuries, etc...he and I decide NOT to do a CT scan, but to watch her for the rest of the day to be sure that she's still acting "normal" - no lethargy, no throwing up, etc.

*Sigh* Please pray that she's ok and that she's acting like herself for the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment