Happy Labor Day to everyone!
Although TAMU was open and running, the kids school was closed today, so that meant that Mommy took a day off...at least from "work" anyway. Between yesterday and today, all of the laundry is clean, dry and put away, the floor is vacuumed, the kitchen is cleaned up (well, mostly anyway), Kellen and I changed the sheets on Mommy's bed, and I've sold a few items that I've been trying to get out of the house for a little while. Whew!
Plus, I fixed, at Kellen's request, cinnamon rolls for breakfast, then he and I managed to play play-doh for a while before lunch and nap. Then he took a 3 hour nap...Yes, I typed that correctly...A 3 hour nap.
Wow!
Amazingly enough, Tatum decided to take a nap at the same time...so I was really able to get a few things done while they both slept...although getting a nap for myself in was, unfortunately, not one of those things. Oh well!
Then I wanted to take the kids out of the house, and my idea was to surprise Kellen (and treat myself, of course), to a milkshake from Whataburger. However, after waiting in the drive through line and making it to the ordering station...we found out that they had no chocolate today. So our milkshake was out. No chocolate?!? Seriously?!? So we went across the street to McDonald's and Kellen said that he, "changed my mind" and wanted to get a Happy Meal instead of a milkshake...Sure, no problem!
We come home and play a little more before dinner, and sure enough...Tatum is sitting up by herself. For real. And she's still 2 seconds away from crawling...She's taken a half of a crawl to me...she just can't get both sides coordinated.
All-in-all, we had a GREAT day!
No comments:
Post a Comment