Apparently the germs in our house are working on the merry-go-round system. I was sick (short lived) with a tummy bug, both kids were sick Wednesday - Thursday, then wouldn't you know it - on Saturday night when Matt and I were supposed to have our date night, he comes down with the tummy bug (luckily, after a full days work in the yard, or there would be absolutely no silver lining in my book). Again, it was relatively short lived, but man - he was sick. And he doesn't get sick. Really.
Like EVER.
So, today is another day and Tatum is once again not feeling well. Only THIS time, she's running just enough of a low-grade fever that it's really a fever. So, at a minimum, no school for her tomorrow...which, by nature of our live and schedule right now, means no going in to work for Mommy! She sounds horrible, but seems slightly more energetic than she was yesterday. She scared me yesterday with how lethargic she was...it just wasn't like her! But, she' still UBER fussy. And she's not a fussy child. So I KNOW that there's something going on.
The plan is to watch her tomorrow and try to ride this out without having to take her to the doctor (you know, where ALL of the sick kids are these days). If something gets worse - fever higher, cough worse, behavior different, whatever, then we will most likely alter that plan and try to get an appointment to take her. I'm just gun-shy...After the last time when I would have bet the farm that she was "really" sick with an ear infection only to be told it was nothing...I don't really want to take her in only to be told that we're on the tail end of a viral infection that they can't treat and for us to just wait it out.
But then again....
Oh the joys and decisions of parenthood. I just have to figure out how to stop the joyriders on the merry-go-round.
No comments:
Post a Comment