I'm working on being consistent this year...consistent with my running, scripture memorization, healthful eating, menu planning, etc...
So, one of the areas that I need to be sure to be consistent in is my water intake. It's not just for the healthy aspects of it, but I simply need to stay hydrated if I'm going to continue to nurish another human being. And Jacey has only had a taste of 'food' twice so far (one taste of rice and one taste of oatmeal). I'll start food 'for real' in another couple of weeks.
Probably.
If I'm not too lazy.
Because it's really quite a bit easier just to nurse her.
Anyway, my goal for myself this week was to drink two full bottles of water. Easy cheesy, you might say, but my specific 'bottle' is a large one. 1.5 liters. 50.7 fluid ounces.
Yup. It's a big bottle.
This has been my goal for a while now, and keeping the big honkin' bottle of water at my desk while I worked was good. I managed *most* days to get through one bottle.
I decided to do things differently this week.
I now have a plastic cup next to the bottle and am drinking out of that. I fill the cup every hour and my smaller goal is to drink the water before the top of the next hour.
Doing it in this method, I finish one bottle right before lunch. I come back from lunch (liquid intake over lunch doesn't count toward this water goal!) and refill the bottle.
Yesterday I did it - I reached my goal.
Today I'm
I'm interested to see if I'll notice a difference this week as I try this out. I mean, a difference other than having to get up to go potty more often.
Hey, Lady!! You really were one of MANY who I discovered read the blog but did so sneakily ;) It was so awesome getting to visit with you the other day - I so miss Aggieland, but all is well up here in the land of ice and snow...oh, and 10,000 frozen lakes!
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed with your water intake! It's something I've been trying to work on, too. I'll have to try your plastic cup trick!
Blessings!!