Friday, January 28, 2011

Where did this stuff come from?

I'm continuing on my de-clutter spree, and want to keep track (not only for your amazement at the amount of stuff my family-of-five can get rid of and not miss) for me to look back at later to commemorate my progress.

So, according to my last post, the tally so far in this journey was at 65 items.  Tuesday and Wednesday night we had some mini clean up sessions (it truly is amazing at what you can get accomplished in a short 15 minutes...kids, too!) and into a bag went 16 maternity shirts, 4 pairs of maternity pants, and 1 maternity dress.

I finally took 5 minutes to go through the winter clothes stash that we have been periodically digging into...It's been very cold (at least Texas-style) here as of late, so if there is something in that bin I can and should be wearing in this weather, I need to speak now or forever hold my peace.

Or wear it now or forever decide it doesn't belong.

Whatever.

In looking through the bin, it became VERY obvious that at one point in time, I had very much liked this particular style of turtleneck.


As you can see, I have one in every color and pattern.  Four solid colors and 3 patterns, plus one mock turtleneck I'm sure I must have gotten at the same time.  To be fair, I have worn one of those turtlenecks this year, but it just seems too short...both in the sleeves (me and my Herman Munster-length arms) and in general shirt length.  And I don't need to spend the entire day pulling at my clothing.

I'm sure they were bought at least 2 kids ago, so things have, um...shifted some on me.  So they're gone.  Along with a couple of set of pajamas, a shirt and 2 additional sweaters.  Um, I'm no longer a size small, a size small was pushing it before Jacey - who am I kidding...before Tatum, and have no idea if I'll be a size small again at any point in time in the future.

They're gone, too.

I also pulled out a shirt that isn't actually all that old, but that just fits me...funny.  I realized the last time I wore it that I constantly pulled at the collar and neckline all day long.  Um. No, thanks.

Running tally so far = 100 items (the pj sets only count as 1 item in my book)

No comments:

Post a Comment