Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Jacey is 6 months old!

As of Monday, Jacey is six months old.

I cannot believe it.

You would think I would remember how fast time flies, right?  I mean, I do have two other kids and I'm sure I was as dumbfounded by their seemingly speedy growth as I am now with Jacey, but still.

Does time have to fly this fast?

Her half-birthday was a holiday for (almost) the rest of the family.  So the kids and I hung out at the house while Daddy worked.

In the afternoon, we all loaded up and went to the doctor for her well-check.


Her stats are:
Weight: 15 pounds, 6 ounces (50th %)
Height:  27.5 inches (95th%)
Head circumference - (80th%)

According to the doctor, she's 'lean and mean'.  Quite a bit different than the older two, who looked like they were put together with marshmallows at this age!

Here is the post where I described Tatum's 6-month well check.

As for the shots, the older two had to stand outside the door while she got them.  I think Kellen was nearly in tears at just the thought of her getting shots.  So sweet!

After the first shot, Jacey let out a cry and then inhaled for another one.  Her inhale was one of those where you wonder when the kiddo is actually going to breathe.

You know the one, right?

Well, she let out another cry and in less than 5 seconds, was smiling at the nurse.

I kid you not.

The nurse even said it was a first!

Later on, she tried oatmeal (again, take 2).





Don't let that smile fool you....while she did eat the oatmeal, she wasn't overly enthusiastic about it.  She wanted to grab the spoon, but wasn't all that thrilled about actually eating the solids coming off of the spoon.


If you look closely, you can see the TWO gleaming white teeth that Jacey has in that adorable mouth of hers.  Tooth #1 came in on December 15th (bottom right) and tooth #2 came in on January 9th (bottom left).

To round out the night, she got a luxurious bath.  Well, as luxurious as you can get in a pink tub on the kitchen counter, but hey...she loves bath time!


Some notable things about Jacey:
  • She's a very different sleeper than her older siblings.  She has slept through the night twice (and they were glorious nights for Mommy!), and still sleeps in the cradle next to my bed.  To compare, Kellen and Tatum were sleeping through the night consistently at 7 and 8 weeks, and both were out of the cradle and into their crib around that same time, but certainly by the time they were 2 months old.
  • She LOVES silky fabric (satin).  Just like her older siblings.  Can a love of a particular fabric be genetic?
  • She has started giving the wonderfully sweet, open-mouth kisses.  Is there anything as precious as a slobbery baby kiss?
  • The bald spot she's rubbed on the back of her head is starting to grow back (no biggie..her older siblings did the same thing).
  • We started cloth diapering last week with her.
  • She spits up. A lot. She totally and completely trumps the amount of spit up Kellen did, and we even named our extra clothes "Kellen shirts" at that time.  She does not (or at least hasn't) projectiled like Kellen did, so he still has that over her.
  • She does not like to have her head covered when she nurses.  In case you're wondering, this makes it difficult for Mommy.
  • She hasn't attached herself to any particular object - no special lovey at this point.
  • She's ticklish.  Very ticklish.  Very, very ticklish.  And tickling her produces the most joyous sound.  We do it often and she loves it.
  • She likes to have her head rubbed (or brushed).
  • She is sitting up with a little support.
  • She likes tummy time quite a bit.
  • She's coming up on her knees and is starting to rock a little.
  • She's getting bad nursing manners, and wants to look at everyone else while she's supposed to be eating.  Silly girl.
She is a joy - through and through!

No comments:

Post a Comment