Monday, October 31, 2005

The experiment continues

Another follow up with the migraine doctor today and good and bad news...

The good news...I haven't lost any more weight, although he did double my dosage a month ago, which could have had additional weight ramifications...this could be a good sign that my weight has stabilized or a not-so-good sign that I'm eating all the junk food in sight since nothing else seems the least bit appetizing...

The bad news...The number of migraine circles on my calendar haven't decreased. He wants to see one, maybe two circles (migraines) a month, three would be pushing it...There are 5 circles for October and there were 5 circles for September, both months have 1 migraine that required 2 Imitrex to take care of it...And this is with a doubling in dosage between these two months. However, as far as I'm concerned, I'm still thrilled with the results...this is a vast improvement from popping Imitrex or Excedrin Migraine 4 out of 7 days per week, which is what I was doing before this wonder drug came along. Are we the least bit surprised that I have stubborn migraines? Ummm...NO!

But, he wants to take an agressive approach to this and get me some serious relief from all of these migraines. So, he's upping my dosage again...we'll see how this next month goes and if the number of migraines stay the same, we'll probably try one more increase in dosage and then I'll make a decision on the dosage level that I feel comfortable with given the $$ it costs vs the number of migraines per month. If I'm getting the same or relatively the same number of migraines at 50 mg as with 200 mg...I'm sticking with the 50 mg...I'd be crazy not to, given what these meds cost! We chatted about this somewhat today and are completely on the same page with this, because these aren't cheap pills...Until today, I've been fairly fortunate that he's had a supply of samples in his office, so today is only the second time that I can remember that he's actually had to write me a prescription that I'm going to have to fill - and even the first time he gave me samples, so I really didn't have to fill the prescription that he wrote out for me. We'll see how this goes for another month!

Ok...enough about me and my ailments...I'm moderately worried about what I'll be like at an older age when my body is actually supposed to start falling apart...I'm getting a jump start on something that I don't really want to be early on here...Yikes!

Kellen...Boy he was funny tonight! We haven't gone grocery shopping (too full of a weekend - I normally do grocery shopping on Sunday afternoon), so we stopped by Fazoli's after day care to pick up some "pasta" - code for spaghetti - he doesn't seem to eat it if you call is spaghetti, but eats it if you call it pasta. We got home and ate it, and as usual, he made quite a mess and ended up with pasta all over his clothes. We normally let Bailey lick the bowls (nice treat for the doggie) and Kellen was offering him his bowl to lick, so I decided to try something with the dog...I told him to clean off Kellen & his chair...So Bailey licked the pasta off of Kellen's chair and pants while Kellen was stapped to his booster seat. Kellen just laughed hysterically while Bailey was getting the pasta! He thought it was so funny, and it probably tickled him some, too! Then it was off to the bath for him - he needed it!

I'm trying to get him adjusted to this time change (and me too...this time change thing really messes with me). It seems like no matter what time he goes to bed, his internal alarm clock will wake him up at what his body thinks is 6:30 AM...we gotta' work on this...Maybe we can get his body switched over by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment