I'm worn out. I was part of an interview panel this afternoon to help select congressional interns (at least the first round of interviews) for the Agricultural and Natural Resource Policy Internship and I didn't receive the application packets until yesterday mid-morning. My goal was to try, in my spare time yesterday, to look through them during the day to avoid staying up all night to review them before the interviews this afternoon. Spare time! HA! I didn't leave work yesterday until a little before 6 PM and didn't get started reviewing those applications until almost 10...midnight rolls around and I still wasn't through with them...I had managed to get about halfway through my stack. Oh boy...The best laid plans, right? But with my eyes crossing and the words on the page blurring, what was the use?
I thought that I could try and get to them this morning because I only had two appointments, right? Wrong! But that's ok...We managed to get through all of the interviews anyway with me speed reading the applications prior to them walking in to interview. Occasional breaks helped, plus the fact that our interview panel was awesome and quick...we were rolling on some of these interviews today!
But, you may ask...you're tired and it's midnight yet again tonight? Yup! I'm still on this doggone computer trying to get some work done. I really think that if Matt was home more often I wouldn't be this much of a work-a-holic, but Kellen's asleep and what else do I have to do? Clean house? Ha! So I just work away and really lose track of time getting things done...It's a blessing and a curse to have proxy...it really is.
Tomorrow is another full day...Have a crew full of volunteers ready to "Wow" the area 8th graders coming in for the Youth to Career Fair at Reed Arena...all 2,500 of them...I need my energy for this one, so I'm going to bed...Night night all.
No comments:
Post a Comment