We had stopped at a store before we left to pick up a few small things as gifts for Allyssa. Kellen and I had discussions throughout the store as we were deciding on items (and he was wanting to hold them) that these were not Kellen's, but were Allyssa's, and that we were buying them for her. I thought that this might be a really hard lesson for a 27 month old child...I was correct, but he actually did very well with this. I did buy them both kites (Donkey from Shrek for Kellen and Dora the Explorer for Allyssa) thinking that if the weather was a bit breezy that flying kites might be a fun thing, plus I didn't want to make Kellen feel completely left out and jealous about not getting anything at the store.
Allyssa was taking her nap when we arrived, so Kellen was able to play with his Gramma (with undivided attention - I noticed later that he did get somewhat jealous about sharing Gramma), get adjusted somewhat to the new (or at least somewhat unfamiliar) people and new surroundings before she woke up. Then we were able to meet her and he gave her the bag 'o goodies that we had brought for her. Surprisingly enough, when he gave her the bag, I only had to remind him once that there were the gifts that we had bought for Allyssa and that they were her things, not his. He did understand, although he really wanted to color in those coloring books that I bought for her with the brand new crayons! So, he asked her to, "Color, please?" and she said that he could. Sharing is a good thing, right?
They had a really good time playing all day today! They played in the ball-tunnel thing that Michael and Tammy have at the house, played with the animals, went outside and swang on the swing with their Gramma. I even managed to get them to pose for some cousin pictures throughout the day...Yeah!!
Allyssa taught Kellen how to ride a horsie (stick horsie, that is), and we took them outside just before we all left and flew kites. They had a blast! I think it was Kellen that made the comment that it was, "Way up there, Mommy!" I think he was a little nervous that something bad was going to happen to the kite because at one point in time he screamed, "NO!" as they were trying to get it up there and flying...Not quite sure what he was thinking on that one. It was a new experience for him at least, not sure if Allyssa had every flown a kite before (not that either of them actually flew the kites, but you know...). 
But of all of the pictures that I took of Kellen and Allyssa today, the cutest of them all, I would have to say, is this one!! Aren't they just too adorable?...And both of them know how to work people, too...Whoa buddy. Michael and I are in for some trouble here!!

Now to back up...Yesterday the Aggies played like a brand new team. Were those really our guys out there? They must have had a fire lit under them last week or something, but it was great! 62-23 Ags over the Cowboys...Whoop! My complaint for the week - I'm just ready to wear something to the games other than my shorts and a tank top...can I start wearing my overalls anytime soon? It's October for goodness sake! It isn't supposed to be in the mid-90's and I'm not supposed to be worried about getting lobster-sunburned at every game!
Jeff came over on Saturday and Kellen had a lot of fun with him...well, that's not entirely true. Jeff and Matt left shortly after Jeff got there and then I got in trouble because Jeff left with Matt.
"Jeff open door?" Kellen asked after they had left.
"No Kellen. Jeff isn't going to open the door right now. He and Daddy went to run some errands and they will be back in a little while."
"NO!"
Then he runs to the couch, glares at me, grabs his toy and pouts...lip trailing the ground kind of pout, actually. Um..He got put down for an early nap not too long after that. And slept for between a hour and a half to two hours...a pretty good nap for an early one...
After the game we went to a tailgate and I got him from the sitter and brought him back to campus to join in on the fun and I guess he had his Daddy, PawPaw & Jeff rolling almost the entire time. He is a hoot when he wants to be! And after how many visits by Jeff and even our trip up there in September we finally got a good shot of Jeff and Kellen...YEAH!!

What a fun and full weekend!
Flying kites is so much fun! Now, how is Alyssa Kellen's cousin? Your sibling? Or Matt's?
ReplyDeleteI'm sooo not jealous of your weather. It's a lovely crisp 50-60 degrees around here and the leaves are falling off all over the place. I may load up some of the pics and send them to you via photo album so you can see. Maybe if I show you how gorgeous it is up here, we can convince you to come visit next year! :)
I seem to recall you saying you would update us on the TMJ stuff...where's the love?
I can't believe how big Kellen is too! It's going to be crazy when we see you guys in November. (18th through 28th) *hugs*
Jen
Um...take a look at those brown eyes, unfortunate chin *grin*, and huge dimples...she's my niece...Michael is my older brother.
ReplyDelete