Happy Grandparent's Day!
Well, after my mom called to give me the phone number to my Pap's hospital room (and subequently reminded me about the holiday), Kellen called his MawMaw and PawPaw to tell them Happy Grandparents Day and then called his Grandma and Grandpa and left them both messages on their cell phones saying the same thing (their house phone was busy...), then I called Grandma Beadle and talked to her for about an hour and a half. I still need to call the hospital and chat with Pap, but I'll try to do that as soon as Kellen is in bed.
Kellen didn't understand why Grandparent's Day didn't = his grandparent's actually coming to see him at his house. "But it's Happy Grandparent's Day, Mommy. That means that my grandparents need to come and see me!" Kinda difficult to explain that it doesn't work like that. Nice logic on his part, though.
How does this holiday always seem to sneak up on me? I knew it was coming up, and even had cute kiddo ideas about some homemade gifts, but no...I always think it's later in September than it actually is!
No Blueberries for my Baby:
Tatum tried blueberries yesterday (the product of my first attempt at homemade baby food), and REALLY liked them. Well, she's been going poo poo today - no big deal, right? - I was even going to post something about how blueberries look EXACLTY the same coming out as they do going in. *grin*
However, she's been unusually fussy this afternoon...not calming down, not napping unless she was latched onto me - NOT like her at all. I've been changing her diaper as normal, and after one of her BM's I noticed that her ENTIRE diaper area was BRIGHT red...everywhere that the poo poo had touched. And it wasn't like she had been sitting in that diaper very long.
Poor baby! No wonder she's been fussy!
I'm guessing this is an actual reaction to the introduction of this food yesterday. Kellen never had any of these, but that's the only thing I can think of that might be causing this.
Man, it must REALLY be hurting her...she was even screaming as I was trying to wipe her off and put cream on her...Poor thing...Hopefully the Aquafor will take care of it quickly. That, plus the bath that I hope helped to soothe her skin...then another dose of Aquafor.
But, I guess blueberries are out for her...at least for a little while!
Today's milestones:
*We had our first "outing" without the infant carrier. Tatum actually had to sit up in the shopping cart. Other than Mommy taking a turn too fast and her falling over and hitting her head - HARD - she did really well! (She's ok, really. She's going to be tough like her big brother.) And she lasted through a Target AND Kroger trip. I was pushing it with the outing and she behaved SO WELL (especially considering that she didn't have much of a nap).
*We found Tatum's lovey at Target!!! So we bought two more. Now we have one for home, one for daycare, and another either for the car or just as a spare. I wish I would have been able to capture Tatum's face when she saw them hanging up in the store. She started reaching for them...and then got SO EXCITED when I pulled two off of the shelf and gave them to her! She was squealing and waving her arms...You could tell that she knows what they are and likes them immensely!
*Tatum drank from a sippy cup with her dinner. Cold breast milk - and LIKED it...


*Kellen "watched" his sister today. I was cooking some pizza pasta casserole, chatting with Grandma, and Kellen watched his sister. He made sure that toys she shouldn't be playing with weren't near her, got some pop tart wrappers out of her hands when she got ahold of them, and even physically moved her when she was near something she didn't need to be...Carefully moved her, I might add. And when she started to get fussy, he got right up next to her and did his darndest to try and make her smile and laugh.
He is SUCH a good big brother!!! And Tatum just thinks that he hung the moon...They took a bath together last night and you would have thought that he was put on the earth just to entertain Tatum...She was watching him so intently and with so much adoration during their bath - and he just does SO WELL with her.
I really couldn't have asked for this sibling thing to have gone any better than it has so far...I don't necessarily think it will stay like this (I'm not THAT out of it), but hey...it's GREAT right now while it lasts.
Well, after my mom called to give me the phone number to my Pap's hospital room (and subequently reminded me about the holiday), Kellen called his MawMaw and PawPaw to tell them Happy Grandparents Day and then called his Grandma and Grandpa and left them both messages on their cell phones saying the same thing (their house phone was busy...), then I called Grandma Beadle and talked to her for about an hour and a half. I still need to call the hospital and chat with Pap, but I'll try to do that as soon as Kellen is in bed.
Kellen didn't understand why Grandparent's Day didn't = his grandparent's actually coming to see him at his house. "But it's Happy Grandparent's Day, Mommy. That means that my grandparents need to come and see me!" Kinda difficult to explain that it doesn't work like that. Nice logic on his part, though.
How does this holiday always seem to sneak up on me? I knew it was coming up, and even had cute kiddo ideas about some homemade gifts, but no...I always think it's later in September than it actually is!
No Blueberries for my Baby:
Tatum tried blueberries yesterday (the product of my first attempt at homemade baby food), and REALLY liked them. Well, she's been going poo poo today - no big deal, right? - I was even going to post something about how blueberries look EXACLTY the same coming out as they do going in. *grin*
However, she's been unusually fussy this afternoon...not calming down, not napping unless she was latched onto me - NOT like her at all. I've been changing her diaper as normal, and after one of her BM's I noticed that her ENTIRE diaper area was BRIGHT red...everywhere that the poo poo had touched. And it wasn't like she had been sitting in that diaper very long.
Poor baby! No wonder she's been fussy!
I'm guessing this is an actual reaction to the introduction of this food yesterday. Kellen never had any of these, but that's the only thing I can think of that might be causing this.
Man, it must REALLY be hurting her...she was even screaming as I was trying to wipe her off and put cream on her...Poor thing...Hopefully the Aquafor will take care of it quickly. That, plus the bath that I hope helped to soothe her skin...then another dose of Aquafor.
But, I guess blueberries are out for her...at least for a little while!
Today's milestones:
*We had our first "outing" without the infant carrier. Tatum actually had to sit up in the shopping cart. Other than Mommy taking a turn too fast and her falling over and hitting her head - HARD - she did really well! (She's ok, really. She's going to be tough like her big brother.) And she lasted through a Target AND Kroger trip. I was pushing it with the outing and she behaved SO WELL (especially considering that she didn't have much of a nap).
*We found Tatum's lovey at Target!!! So we bought two more. Now we have one for home, one for daycare, and another either for the car or just as a spare. I wish I would have been able to capture Tatum's face when she saw them hanging up in the store. She started reaching for them...and then got SO EXCITED when I pulled two off of the shelf and gave them to her! She was squealing and waving her arms...You could tell that she knows what they are and likes them immensely!
*Tatum drank from a sippy cup with her dinner. Cold breast milk - and LIKED it...


*Kellen "watched" his sister today. I was cooking some pizza pasta casserole, chatting with Grandma, and Kellen watched his sister. He made sure that toys she shouldn't be playing with weren't near her, got some pop tart wrappers out of her hands when she got ahold of them, and even physically moved her when she was near something she didn't need to be...Carefully moved her, I might add. And when she started to get fussy, he got right up next to her and did his darndest to try and make her smile and laugh.He is SUCH a good big brother!!! And Tatum just thinks that he hung the moon...They took a bath together last night and you would have thought that he was put on the earth just to entertain Tatum...She was watching him so intently and with so much adoration during their bath - and he just does SO WELL with her.
I really couldn't have asked for this sibling thing to have gone any better than it has so far...I don't necessarily think it will stay like this (I'm not THAT out of it), but hey...it's GREAT right now while it lasts.
She is adorable. Kellen sounds like an excellent big brother!
ReplyDeleteI love her little ponytail! She is such a cutie I swear!
ReplyDelete