Last night I could tell that Kellen was coming down with a cold - was sneezing and had a runny nose - no fever, nothing of that sort. Checked him again this morning and the same thing...no fever, LOTS of sniffles. So I packed up both the kids and off to school we went.
So I got the call for Tatum a little before lunch...fever and "loose" stools...Wasn't expecting that call, as she's been acting like she feels fine (some runny nose, but whose isn't with these weather changes?, that seal cough I mentioned last night, but....)! Go and pick her up, taking care of her this afternoon, yadda yadda...
The phone rings at 4 PM...daycare...calling about Kellen....who apparently didn't want to wake up from his nap and was running a very low-grade fever.
So put us on the list of local families with sick kiddos...and they're BOTH sick. Poor things! So since we'll be home all day tomorrow, I asked Kellen to think about what he wanted to do and play tomorrow while we were home. I told him that I wouldn't be able to play with him all day because Tatum would be with us, and reminded him that Tatum wasn't quite as good as playing all by herself as he was.
So he thought about it, and started naming some things that he wanted to do - way more, in fact, than we would ever be able to do in a day! So, I told him to think about the 3-4 things that he wanted to do the most...and to get his notebook and write them or draw me a picture of them so that we could be sure and not forget tomorrow.
What did he write for me?
1. Buzz Lightyear
2. Play-doh
3. Puzzle
Yes, he did ask for some help on how to spell these things, and his "words" make up several lines on his notebook, but he is SO PROUD of himself!
I'm sorry they're both sick. That's no fun. I hope they are feeling better soon!
ReplyDelete