Yes, I'm a fan...and I've been keeping up as much as possible without watching on a daily basis in part to the generosity of Maw Maw's Soap Opera Digest hand-me downs (thanks!). But I have some issues with some of the storylines...And I'll just name a few...
--Belle has slept with Phillip (and is/has lusted for him) when she didn't even love him when they were married. What's with THAT?
--Max and Stephanie...I do not care that they are uncle/neice by adoption only...THEY WERE RAISED AS FAMILY AND THIS IS JUST WRONG!!!
--Phillip fighting tooth and nail for Claire, but then just handing over his ACTUAL BIOLOGICAL CHILD...Really? And Victor is ok with this? I'm thinking NOT!
--The whole rape storyline....Does everyone seem to forget that Stephanie was a TOUGH racing chick??? One that could fix her own car and probably kick ANY guys tail who was trying to do anything to her? Yet she's at the mercy of some frat guy? I think NOT!
--Virtually EVERYONE recognizing Phillip. Seriously? Doesn't ANYONE remember the story where he had reconstructive surgery? On his FACE?????
--The Colleen storyline...really and truly...If she were alive all these years, she would have found the Bradys before now.
--John presumed dead, but alive - AGAIN? (This whole scenario getting old to anyone but me?)
--John lost his memory, AGAIN? Ditto to the above commentary.
I do love the show...and have been watching for years...But every once in a while you have to just call it like you see it, right?
That's all for now...:)
Ha! Trying to make the illogical logical, are we? Can't we just go back to the simpler times...like when Marlena was posessed by a demon?!
ReplyDeleteCouldn't agree more! I really can't stand the Colleen/Santo/Sami/EJ storyline to begin with, but to 'bring her back from the dead'??? I mean how many times can one show do this? And again with John and Stefano too! Really....
ReplyDeleteAt one point almost the whole town of Salem was brought back from the dead. You know, when Marlena was a serial killer? Those were fun times as well. :)