Sunday, January 23, 2011

Couponing

I'm trying to venture into the world of couponing.  I have 'liked' a number of sites on Facebook that I'm hoping will give me some guidance to the secrets of this trade.

I want to be able to get my groceries, or toiletries, or whatever, and say I bought some absurd amount of stuff for pennies.  Or a few dollars.  Or saved half.

Or something like that.

If you have any tips, or favorite websites, or groups on Facebook that will bestow upon me this knowledge, please pass them along.

Really.  Please.

Certainly I can figure this out, right?

3 comments:

  1. I've written a little bit. The short story is to match your coupons to sales. You can "stack" manufacturer coupons with store coupons (use both coupons on one item). At HEB, the coupons on the shelf have a black box in the lower left corner with an M if it's a manufacturer coupon and an S if it's a store coupon. Here are some of my old posts: http://itbeganincamp4.blogspot.com/2009/08/cheap-food.html http://itbeganincamp4.blogspot.com/2009/09/semi-review.html
    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow www.moneysavingmom.com and www.couponing101.com. They match up the sales with coupons online and coupons from the paper. We don't get the paper, so I really just utilize the online coupons. They also post on Walgreen and CVS deals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberly, I knew you would have some good tips!! Thanks for the post links!

    Danielle, I "liked" Money Saving Mom on FB and have now set up the website in my RSS feed, but I hadn't heard of the couponing 101. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete