Thursday, October 27, 2005

Boo-Boo Week

It's been a week of boo-boo's so far, with a slight break today. Kellen pulled a face-plant by jumping off of a bench at an ice cream social (Mommy's work-related event) after I got off of work on Monday. Result: busted lip and a bloodied-shirt Mommy. Tuesday he tripped and fell before nap time...something no one thought was a big deal until they saw the strawberry rug burn on his forehead after nap. Wednesday he fell on the playground outside and hit his chin on a log...another strawberry scratch-type mark. Poor guy!

But, he had a BIG surprise waiting for him this morning. Matt and I went to a departmental party last night, hosted by my boss. One of the door prizes was a kids package that included this 4 foot alligator - so soft and cuddly, really, and of course, it's green - Kellen's favorite color! I knew that he would just love it, but one of the graduate students ended up winning it. I joked and popped off to her, saying that I had wanted that for Kellen, and loe and behold, she gave it to me to give to him. What a sweetie!

He woke up screaming this morning at about 3 AM, starting both Matt and my day off really early (and no, he never really did go back to sleep), so when we finally got out of bed, I went ahead and sat him down for breakfast (the alligator was in the living room, so his back was to it). Very quickly I heard an animated,

"Mommy! Kellen all through. No eat! All through!"

I'm not sure how he did it, since his back was to the living room, but he had spotted the alligator sitting in the chair and had decided he was done with eating. In addition to telling me he was all through, he was very animatedly using his sign language to say the same thing as well. I didn't want to fight the fight, so I let him just play with it...


He had a great time this morning before school! And the guys at the office got a big kick out of all of the pictures that I took of him playing with this alligator this morning. I made sure to send them as a thank you to the graduate student as well...that was just so sweet of her! He's amazed at the "Big eyes" and made sure to lay down the law right off the bat with the "No bite" rule...My guess was that he would tell the alligator "No bite" within 3 minutes of seeing it...I was dead on with this prediction. It was too cute!

1 comment:

  1. Poor baby! We are still fighting this impetigo on James's cheek (I'm taking him to the doctor this afternoon.) and I tell you I sometimes feel as though he will never look like we don't beat him!

    I love this picture too. What a cool toy! It's bigger than he is!

    ReplyDelete