
He's been up way past bedtime two nights in a row watching the 'Stros, but really, how many times in his lifetime is this actually going to happen, right? But tonight when he threw a major temper tantrum because he had milk (that he had asked for, mind you) in his sippy cup instead of apple juice, well, that was just his way of telling me that 8:45 PM for the 2nd night in a row was just too much for him (and last night he was up later than 8:45 - and no, he doesn't sleep in to make up for it). Of course, he really didn't understand that so I was the bad guy putting him to bed when he wanted to, "Watch baseball Mommy. Watch Astros!"
It just breaks your heart sometimes. I tried to explain to him what a miraculous thing (of course I didn't use those words) that it was that we had let him stay up two nights to watch the Astros and that him throwing a fit because of his drink was really telling me that he was too tired to stay up and watch the game anymore and that he was telling me that his body was ready to go to sleep. I understood that he wanted to watch the Astros and that I was sorry that I needed to put him to bed but I loved him and wanted to do what was best for him. Of course, again...none of this makes sense to a 27 month old kid, but the calm voice in the midst of the screaming and crying did calm him down...Within 5 (and that's being generous) minutes of him being in bed I didn't hear a word...
This is the most adorable picture! He looks like he was having fun. Man, I love October!
ReplyDelete