Wednesday, December 07, 2005

1st Place

Although I was just entering for fun, it ended up that my team, "Hapester & Catanach" actually won 1st place at the 9th Annual Entomology Departmental Chili Cook-off today. Wow! My team partner was pretty funny...she joked that she had chosen the right team to join and that maybe next year she would actually help to cook the chili. *grin* For the most part, she was a team member in name only (although she did wash and clean up the crock pot, as I was supposed to be in two places at the same time today during this cook-off), which didn't bother me at all...I wanted as many students as possible to be a part of this if they wanted to be. I think one of the funniest things about this is that many of the people there today were teasing Matt about him not letting me actually make this chili for us at home...and now it's "award-winning" chili! We hadn't thought that he was going to be able to make it to this event today, but before we were sure about it we had discussed he and I making two different kinds of chili and entering two teams...maybe we'll be able to do that next year. He ended up switching shifts at the last minute with someone at their request and brought Kellen up there with him to join in on the fun - which was a HUGE treat for everyone, but it wasn't enough time for him to make his chili. The students just love it when I bring Kellen around!



In case you're wondering, yes, the prize is actually a stock pot...and it has the first place plaque on the outside and then on the inside is a smaller plaque with the individual year winners, so I'll get it to keep in my office (after they've updated it) for the year. Whoo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment