Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Potty Progress?

I know that I still haven't updated with Christmas...but that will have to wait...I just got Kellen to bed and feel like we're actually making progress with the potty...and it's been initiated by Kellen, so I just had to blog it!

We were getting ready for his bath tonight and we were walking to the bathroom and he asked to go to the potty. I sit him on the potty and seconds later...I hear him actually going pee pee. Success! Initiated by him! Bathtime ensues...an Epsom Salt bath, no less, as he has some form of sore on his finger that Matt will just have to look at when he gets home from shift tomorrow morning that I managed to lance tonight (blood and yucky green stuff came out that I'm sure was not a good sign). Bathtime was officially over when he told me he pee peed...but I must have mistaken that for him telling me he had to pee pee, because he got very upset when I let the water out and washed him off again and he asked to sit on the potty...I finally understood what he was asking, sat him down on the potty and wrapped the towel around him, and he pee peed twice more!

Yeah!

As for me today...I was just a little off...I had a doctor's appointment, looked at my PDA and was still an hour off for my appointment. I thought that I was running late, but was actually an hour early...What was going on in my brain? They were able to work me in, so I had more time to kill (read: run errands) before my haircut appointment, which actually turned out to be a good thing. I was able to get all of my errands done between the two appointments and then was done with the out-of-house errands for the day. Back to the house to try and clean up without Kellen underfoot, since he was at daycare, but I don't feel like I got as much accomplished as I wanted to, although I did get quite a bit done. Matt and I have quite a list of to-do's for ourself for this week, so we'll see how much of that list we're able to knock out while we're both off of work - him until Saturday and me until next Monday.

I promise that I'll update on Christmas...but I don't have the docking station for the pictures, and it makes more sense to do all of that (pictures and narrative) at once...I just hope I don't forget any cute details!

No comments:

Post a Comment