Sunday, December 11, 2005

Sleeping in

Well, as I rolled over and looked at the clock this morning, I realized that I had done just that. I cannot remember the last time that I had slept in until...wait for it...10 AM! I couldn't believe it! I had let Matt sleep in yesterday morning, and he returned the favor for me today, but I just couldn't believe that my body had allowed itself to do that! He laughed when I finally came out of the room and said that I must have really needed some sleep, because I hardly stirred when he had gotten up. Granted, last night we were out later than normal because of his Christmas party, but I fell asleep around 11:15ish, so it wasn't all that late. I have been burning the candle at both ends lately and I guess my body just kicked in and said that it had had enough...so I'll consider this a recharge and a leisurely morning rather than laziness. Man-o-man was that nice!

Kellen hasn't been feeling well today...he's struggling to go poo poo and telling us that "Kellen tummy hurts and Kellen needs prune juice." If you could just hear the way he says that it would break your heart. It has almost made me cry a couple of times today to see how badly he's hurting. I've been juicing him up for the last couple of days, so he has been going a little bit, but I guess it's still hurting him. To add to this, he's got a rather substantial case of diaper rash, so it's really painful when we change his diaper, poor guy! And he knows that it's going to be painful and tries to avoid it after he's had even a small poo poo, which of course compounds the problem. Quite the catch 22 here. (Yes, he's still in the diaper at home but doing rather well on the potty at school - except for the last couple of days when he's been having trouble with the poo poo)

On a lighter note, he's otherwise been in an ok mood...wanting to watch just about everything today. I went to a conference a few months ago and brought him back a stress zebra (you know the stress ball material stuff that they now make in all kinds of shapes?, well this is a zebra) and he's now calling it Marty because of Madagascar. Well, all day long he's been carrying that around and occasionally he'll put it on his head and just sit with it there. Not quite sure what's going on with that, but it's quite entertaining. He was doing it while we were out of the room, so it wasn't even for attention or show. I walked into the room and saw it and just about fell over...but tried to be quiet so that I could get Matt to see it, too. His comments and actions are more and more grown up every day. It's quite scary sometimes what comes out of his mouth. He told us today that he wanted to watch the other Toy Story when Einstein was finished. Are 28 1/2 month old kids supposed to be saying coherent sentences like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment