Stands for Percussion Studio...a student organization that had their fall show last night that Matt and I went to watch. One of the grad students in the department is in the group, and they were FABULOUS!!! If you can't imagine what this organization is...think Stomp crossed with Blue Man Group, then add in any ole' thing that you can think of that, when hit, could be used as a percussion instrument. It was great and we had a blast! They did some rock n roll, new and old school (Stairway to Heaven was very cool, by the way) some Christmas music, threw in some videos of the group in a Lounge type setting between acts and then had some comedy skits in there as well. It was just really enjoyable, especially given that it was just Matt and I - date night!!.
During the day yesterday I tried start working on my Christmas cards...worked through the address list for missing or outdated addresses and tryed to figure out what we were going to do. I always seem to have these good ideas about Christmas cards, but the follow through is sometimes lacking - trying to get a family picture made to them order through Shutterfly is a great idea, except that we don't yet have a family picture made...and I don't see a "nice" one getting made in the near future. So, considering the fact that it takes ~ 1 - 1 1/2 weeks for something to come in from Shutterfly when ordered...ummm...don't think that idea is actually going to work. So, scratch that one and we'll go with a different idea. I know what we'll do and have already got the plan working...now I just need to sit down and start addressing the envelopes...or do I just want to be hi-tech and print labels out? Hmmm...now that's an idea...
Today Gramma and PapPa are coming into town so to play with Kellen and for the Holiday Coffee and awards presentation tomorrow morning. They should be here shortly after Kellen gets up from his nap, so he'll be really excited to see them. We haven't told him they're coming, so it will be a nice surprise for him. He's be cracking Matt and I up all day long today. He's just been so adult-like in his conversations lately.
I guess I'll need to start getting used to that...him begin more adult-like...there's a twinge of sadness to that realization.
No comments:
Post a Comment