So I'm going it again...getting off-schedule with my daily blogs...and what, you might ask, am I doing blogging at 1 AM? Beats me!?! I sat down to work on some quick emails after putting Kellen to bed tonight when George of the Jungle II was over on the Disney Channel (breakin' rules right & left here!) - and that was ~ 8:30 (another one bites the dust!). Anyway...one email led to another...and here I am...1 AM. But on the bright side...I had a HUGE dent in my emails, which had been overwhelming me lately.
So, to catch up...Last Friday was the game...tu vs TAMU...Unfortunately the outcome wasn't what we had hoped for...but it was a close game and the Ags played well...McGee did a tremendous job! I'm looking forward to watching him for a while! Then we out to eat at Koppe Bridge, then back to the house and played Monopoly. I hadn't played that game in AGES - and we had fun...for a while...it was just taking forever for the game to be over. Officially, it was a tie between Matt and Judy...but at the very end, Judy had totally smoked Matt...and the rest of us, out of the game.
My Christmas decorations had arrived at the house with George and Judy, so my Saturday morning consisted of decorating the house for Christmas. Since they were coming back over in the afternoon, my goal was to get the house decorated so they could take the boxes back with them and store them back in the store room...for those of you who have been to my house, you understand why this was a goal...little to no extra room for storing boxes in the house...And I did it...the house is decorated for Christmas minus a box or two that just didn't make its' way over here for whatever reason. For those of you who aren't there yet, don't feel bad...we aren't putting up a tree this year, so the decorations were really easy!
On Saturday afternoon we ended up going to the George Bush Library and saw the train exhibit, which was on its last weekend there. Kellen had so much fun at that exhibit! He didn't want to stop playing on some of the trains! He was so cute! We stayed there longer than I thought that he would actually last. After that, we headed to Wings so that Brenna could get her Wing fix for this trip...then we went to the basketball game...and had originally intended to buy the tickets online, then decided against it (sorry guys - that was a total - my bad on that one - but Kellen had still been running a low grade fever on Friday...wasn't sure how Saturday was going to go when everyone was talking about getting the tickets for a Saturday night event). The line to purchase the tickets was unbelievably long...we thought that we would be smart and swing by my office and buy them on the internet...nope...they stop selling internet tickets after the game starts...which is a good piece of information to know, which now we do. So back to Reed and back in line we go...Arg...Then confusion ensues with reserved vs general admission tickets, etc...it was just a little crazy there for a while...But, we finally got our tickets and got inside to watch the game, and it was a good game. I thought sure that Kellen would fall asleep, but nope - he was a trooper and made it through the whole thing.
And he liked the dancers - a lot. When they would come on to dance and then leave, he would look at me and ask, "More dancing, Mommy. Please." Well all right then...
Sunday was an attempt at a restful day. Just getting ready for the craziness of the upcoming week - which I knew would be hectic for me with the continuation of registration for students and other things that are happening at this time of the semester. Matt wasn't feeling too hot...which is always a shocker since he has a super-strength immune system, but he's been knocked out almost all week this week not feeling well.
This week itself has been just a blur...I can't believe that Friday is upon us...and now it's actualy December. How crazy is that? Where did this year go? Now it's 1:30...and I know where I need to go...night night all...
No comments:
Post a Comment