Monday, December 12, 2005

Locking doors

Locking doors is something that I've learned Kellen can do today...car doors. Luckily, I had my keys out of the car, since he and I were both out of the car and Kellen hit the car door locks and tried to close the car doors, all the while thinking that he was helping Mommy unpack the car and get into the house after coming home from work. Well, that's what he sees me do every day, right? Oh boy! I'm going to have to be extra careful from now on about this one! The guys from Pop-a-Lock will be even more of our friends than they already are, and that could get really costly really quickly!

Side note regarding the car...many of you have heard me say that I'm going to drive my wonderful Grand Am into the ground. I've had this car since 1999 when I bought it from its original owner when it barely had 30,000 miles on it, now it doesn't even have 80,000, but the driver side mirror just fell out this morning. Strange! I'll re-glue it and the upholstry that's starting to come undone from the driver side panel, but hmmm... It's just a '97, so it really isn't that old and I guess I would rather have the body have issues that the inner workings, but it was just odd that I closed my door to leave for work and the mirror just fell off. And I really didn't realize how many times a day I actually use that mirror until today when I can't use it. I need to glue that thing back in quickly!

So I get to daycare to pick up Kellen and his teacher tells me that he had fallen sometime today...not hard enough to hurt himself, but he decided that he wanted some ice. The teacher told him that he didn't need ice, so he proceeded to hit his head against something and then said, "Now Kellen need ice." What a hoot! We're really in for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment